Applications are now open for the Summer 2017 WOW Farm Internship!
SUMMER INTERNSHIP: Run a small farm business in West Oakland!
Game Theory Academy is recruiting youth for our WOW Farm Internship in business and farming skills. This summer our internship is offered via OUSD’s Work-based Learning Pathways. Some interns will be invited to continue working for the second half of the summer, to earn more money and experience.
– Work collaboratively with a team of youth to grow organic food and flowers for sale to local restaurants and markets
– Learn business vocabulary, money management, and strategic thinking, and use these skills to participate in business decisions that have a financial, social and environmental impact
– Plan workdays and monitor necessary farm tasks
– Meet inspiring mentors and leaders in the food justice and entrepreneurship fields
– Career preparation: mock interviews, informational interviews, and resume-writing
The program will run from June 19, 2017 through June 21, 2017. You must be able to participate in 12-15 program hours each week (mornings from roughly 9am-1pm).
In order to qualify, you must:
- Be an Oakland student age 15-18: priority will be given to youth who apply through ECCO/Work-Based Learning Pathways.
- Attend business classes at Game Theory Academy in Downtown Oakland.
- Attend farm days on at WOW Farm in West Oakland.
- Be willing to enthusiastically participate in group discussions and classroom activities focused on economics and entrepreneurship.
- Be willing and able to complete physical tasks in an outdoor environment, where mud and bugs are often present!
- Clearly tell us why you’re interested in entrepreneurship and farming.
|You can also download the
WOW Farm Application and email it to email@example.com or mail it to Game Theory Academy‘s office.