Game Theory Academy (GTA) is recruiting an Outreach Manager to work closely with GTA’s team of instructors to recruit youth participants for our programs – via outreach to Bay Area schools, community organizations and an extensive network of youth advocates – as well as maintain contact with students after they graduate the GTA program. A qualified candidate must demonstrate excellent communication skills, an organized sensibility, and the ability to think creatively. A stand-out candidate will also share a strong interest in economics and financial literacy.
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership, as well as stewardship, of GTA by being actively involved in all programs and services.
- Develop and manage an outreach network of teachers, community organizations, probation officers, and social workers, including in-person meetings and digital communication.
- Support the GTA team of instructors, including calendars, class materials, and student communication.
- Manage all contact lists, including media, stakeholders, partners, donors and youth.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with GTA alumni youth about opportunities.
- Engage with GTA students and stakeholders through social media.
- Support GTA’s program evaluation strategies, including data entry and analysis.
- Stay up to date on trends in financial literacy and asset building.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- A personal interest in budgeting and financial savvy
- Knowledge of cultural issues specific to low-income communities
- Strong writing, verbal and Word/Excel skills required
- Highly organized
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others
- Ability to work during late afternoon/early evening hours 2-3 days/week
- A valid driver’s license and access to a registered and insured vehicle highly desirable
- Spanish language skills highly desirable
This is a full-time position (at least 32 hours per week). Starting pay is $15-18/hour, depending on experience. Send cover letter and resume to Patricia Johnson by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 337 17th Street #214, Oakland, CA 94612.
About Game Theory Academy: GTA was founded in 2008 and to date has worked with over 1,000 youth ages 16-22 at high schools, community organizations, and juvenile halls in Oakland, Richmond, and San Francisco. Our mission is to improve the economic decision-making skills and opportunities of low-income youth who have experience with juvenile justice, foster care and homelessness. The core of GTA is a ten-session course that applies the basic concepts of economics and decision analysis to the context of young people’s individual life decisions about money, relationships and education. We also run a five-month urban farm entrepreneurship program. Young people graduate GTA with improved confidence in navigating the economy, and superior analytical skills they can apply to financial, education, career and risk decisions. More than 90 percent of GTA graduates report improved confidence with financial decision-making.