POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: OUTREACH MANAGER
Game Theory Academy (GTA) is recruiting an Outreach Coordinator to work closely with GTA’s team of instructors to recruit youth participants for our programs – via outreach to Bay Area schools, community organizations and an extensive network of youth advocates – as well as maintain contact with students after they graduate the GTA program. A qualified candidate must demonstrate outgoing communication skills, impeccable writing skills, an organized sensibility, and creative design skills. A stand-out candidate will also share a strong interest in economics and financial literacy.
GTA was founded in 2008 and serves 450+ youth ages 16-22 per year at high schools, community organizations, and juvenile halls in Oakland and Richmond. Our mission is to provide economic decision-making skills and opportunities of low-income youth. The core of GTA is a ten-session course that applies the basic concepts of economics and decision analysis to the context of young people’s individual life decisions about money, relationships and education. We also run a three-month urban farm entrepreneurship program. Young people graduate GTA with improved confidence in navigating the economy, and superior analytical skills they can apply to financial, education, career and risk decisions.
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership, as well as stewardship, of GTA by being actively involved in all programs and services.
- Manage and grow an outreach network of teachers, community organizations, probation officers, and social workers, including in-person meetings and digital communication.
- Create all print and digital materials, including flyers, newsletters, social media content, related to youth opportunities at GTA
- Drive and track registration of youth in all programs through consistent and clear communication.
- Support the GTA team of instructors, including calendars, class materials, and student communication.
- Engage with GTA students through phone, email and social media communication.
- Manage GTA project web sites—ensure that new and consistent information regarding youth opportunities is up to date and compelling
- Support GTA’s program evaluation strategies, including data entry and analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Knowledge of cultural issues specific to low-income communities
- Strong writing, verbal and Word/Excel skills required
- Highly organized
- Ability to work during early evening hours 2-3 days/week
- Graphic design skills and familiarity with Adobe Suite highly desired
- HTML, WordPress, MailChimp experience, or desire to learn
- Photography and Video Production skills highly desired
- Google AdWords and Analytics familiarity, or desire to learn
- A valid driver’s license and access to a registered and insured vehicle highly desirable
- People of color strongly urged to apply.
This is a part-time position, with potential to grow to a full-time role. Starting pay is $16-19/hour, depending on experience. Send cover letter and resume to Patricia Johnson by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to 337 17th Street #214, Oakland, CA 94612.